Williamsburg Food Tour
Savor food from eight different establishments on this delicious walking tour of downtown Williamsburg! We’ll visit Merchants Square and the surrounding areas! This tour isn’t just for foodies, it’s for everyone! The emphasis on our food tours is, of course, the food.
We will visit the following restaurants for:
1. Wythe Candy: Assortment of candies
2. Cheese Shop: Cheese sampling and introduction
3. Hair of the Dog Bottle Shop: Beer and Nut tasting
4. Dog St Pub: Ploughman’s Lunch
5. Peanut Store: Sampling of milk and dark chocolate, spiced, and flavored peanuts, cashews, almonds, and more!
6. Tea and Spice Exchange: Discover hundreds of sugars, teas, spices, peppers, and salts!
7. Rick’s Cheese Steak Shop: Try their famous hot Philly cheese steak, or cold italian hoagie!
8. Blue Talon Bistro: Savor the Gourmet Mac and Cheese!
9. Berry Body Frozen Yogurt: Finish with this healthy dessert!
You may add a complimentary William and Mary tour to the end of your tour!
During the tour, we will discuss Merchants Square, the restaurants, and the cuisine. Best of all, we will enjoy good company and have a relaxing, fun time!
Time: Tours begin 1:30 PM daily and end between 4 and 4:30PM.
Purchase minimum of two adults is required.
William and Mary Tour Addition
Just select the William and Mary add-on as an option during your order. Tour lasts 30 minutes.
Enjoy a walking tour of The College of William and Mary’s Ancient and Old Campuses after your food tour. William and Mary was founded in 1693, making it the second oldest college in the United States, the first University, and boasts the first law school in the nation. This tour is great for guests that want a food tour combined with a history tour of William and Mary, the college attended by Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and other US Presidents and notable revolutionaries. The College is also alma mater to modern figures such as the Daily Show’s Jon Stewart, the Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, and actress Glenn Close.
-Discover the roles that William and Mary alumni played in establishing the United States
-See and hear about the Brafferton House (Indian School), President’s House, Tyler Garden, and enjoy a guided tour of the Wren Building, the oldest academic building in use in the US!
-Learn about the Civil War’s impact on the College
Price for add-on: $10 per person
Duration: 30 minutes